Saturday 28 September 2013

A different Card in a box

Hello there,
How’s your weekend going? I am a little late blogging today as I just returned home from teaching some fab classes to a fab group of crafters :)
We all had such a great  time, they very kindly treated me to a yummy lunch and I came home with a big smile on my face :). I love spending time with crafty people, you always end up having a good laugh (usually at my expense).
Do you run or attend a craft group? Would you like me to  come along and teach some fabulous projects? If yes is the answer then please contact me so that I can explain how it all works.
One of the projects we did today was another card in a box, this time we switched colours for reds and golds.
Card in a Box
Love the uniqueness of these cards, yet they are surprisingly easy to make. And I received so many requests on how you make them, that I decided to shoot a video. I hope to have it by Wednesday so stay tuned.
We used Soft Suede as our base colour and paired is with the Season of Style designer paper.
Card in a Box close
The snowflakes were stamped in Cherry cobbler and gold ink and cut out with the matching framelits. I am loving these so much this season. I used a glue pen to add some gold glitter accents. Here’s a little tip for you. I found that the gold glitter was a little too goldy (here we go again with the word manufacturing) so to get round it I mixed it with the  silver to tone it down. I am a lot happier with the toned down version, it looks less tacky and more classy :).
And thanks to the magentic platform I find myself getting a bit more use out of my framelits, used the Layered labels matching framelits for my sentiment.
Card in a Box close sentiment
And here's a link to the video tutorial so that you can make your own :)

 
Thank you for your visit and see you again soon.
Hugs xxx
SUPPLIES all Stampin’Up!


Shop Stampin' Up!

7 comments :

  1. Love the snowflakes in red - they really do work stamped on crumb cake as I have already tried this. :-) Thank you for taking the time to make a video, it will be a great help. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your blog. Makes me wish I lived closer so I could come to one of your classes. Alas, being is California, it is a little too far too travel.
    thanks for sharing!
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this colour way, I love this card I have made several using the flower shop since the retreat and they are going down well..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love it! How can I make my own??? Love to have you come along with me! Love love it! I'm getting most of the stuff delivered this week. Now just need the instructions to go with it ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, but it can't see the link

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx